Sunday, September 7, 2014

MS Is Hazardous To Your Health

I broke my leg. Or, more to the point, MS broke my leg. I was transferring(blerg. That's something old people and cripples do) from the toilet to my scooter aaannnnd... pop. 

An ambulance was called, my dignity was lost and my favorite pair of jeans was ruined(they had to cut them off). 

The nurse in the ER actually said they get a fair amount of MSers in with broken bones. Serves me right for ignoring my physical therapist when he expressed concern about me falling.

"I'm good at falling," I said. "What's there to worry about?"

Anyhoo, despite being mostly bed-bound during a super busy time - both of my boys starting school, all the back-to-school stuff and hubbub - we have managed pretty well. Hubs, who has always been an angel, has really outdone himself with the cooking, cleaning, boy chauffeuring, helping me out ON TOP of his demanding job. 

How did I get so lucky? Because, really, I am super lucky.

Super lucky, but my leg does hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment