Thursday, September 25, 2014

One Step Foward

My leg is healing at slower than a snail's pace. My most recent X-ray, taken a week ago, still shows an angry break clear across my tibia, flanked by dainty little spirals extending toward my knee and my ankle. 

My doc sighed and shrugged his shoulders before declaring it "acceptable." So now, after some annoying obstacles from cast to splint to brace, my right leg now resembles that of a Storm Trooper. 

It's an improvement on the cast for sure. It's daintiness, however, revealing some shocking skin that had previously been hidden by the cast. My thigh is peeling like I suffered the world's worst sunburn and my foot... Oh my foot. My foot, still swollen and sausagey(like my leg) is shedding what appears to be shards of Parmesan. No matter how much I scrub it moisturize I just keep sloughing off continent sized chunks of my foot.

Man I miss pedicures, and proper showers, and all things involved in, well, grooming. 


No comments:

Post a Comment