Monday, January 26, 2015

New Year, New Beginning

We talk every year about starting anew and making second chances, but this year I really do have a second chance. See, the meningioma that my oncologist was sure had grown between January of last year and July of last year has actually not grown at all since January of last year. Maybe my head was tilted or the resolution, or whatever, was off in July, but my brain gumball is still gumball sized. My oncologist said, "let's disregard July."



So for all my worry and psych-up speeches - "So what if he has to crack your skull open to get that tumor out? It's right on top. No biggie." - I. Was. Shitting myself.  But now I'm so relieved. Not just for myself but for my kids. Hubs is relieved too, but I was having nightmares of my boys, already the kids with "the sick mom" would be the kids of "the really sick mom" or, worse, "the dying mom." They needed a break and I'm so glad Gumball cooperated.


Another thing my most recent MRI revealed is that I have no active MS lesions. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment